Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Rest Days


It's a rest day for me! I did a few ab workouts earlier because I started feeling antsy but that's about it. I honestly HATE taking days off (ask my mother) but I know it's what I need every now and then. Working out is something I sincerely enjoy. What can I say? It's like my drug! So kill me... :X but I love feeling that natural high from working out. Either way, I remind myself that rest days are essential for making improvements to my body just as much as the workouts themselves. Your muscles need time to rest and recover so that you can continue training (and beasting!) When you're constantly training, you muscles start to tear and time off is what really allows them to repair and grow! 

I still try to do something relatively active on my days off -- some abs, going for a long walk, a low intensity jog or bike ride, etc... but it's definitely not the typical sweat session. So take your day off to STRETCH and relax! Foam roll, flush the toxins out of your body...do something that's still aiding in getting you one step closer to your goal. :)

Happy Hump Day, y'all!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment