Friday, May 31, 2013

Love and Fitness

Australian Fitness Model Emily Skye

Hello, Beauties!

I hope you're all enjoying a wonderful Thursday. TGIAF - Thank God It's Almost Friday. ;)

I did a quick Insanity workout this morning before spending the day out with one of my best friends. I always love doing workouts in the morning to wake me up and pave the way for a clean and healthy day. After getting over the groggy feeling and temptation to keep pushing Snooze, there's honestly nothing better than a good morning sweat to release those endorphines for a positive day. :) Since coming back from vacation I felt like I was in a funk with my workouts, my diet, and even my mindset -- am I the only one who feels that way after some time away?? It can be so hard to get back into a routine which is why I don't like getting out of them in the first place!

To be honest, I've been going through a bit of a mental slump lately. I ended my contract with my last employer after being there for one year. Towards the end, I realized the work I was doing didn't necessarily align with my passions and long-term goals so I've since been doing some research and much-needed soul searching to decide what I want the next steps of my career to look like (let's hope it's something good...stay tuned).

In addition to this, I've also had revelations in my personal life in regards to where I want to be, what kind of life I want to lead, and who is positively influencing me to achieve these goals. I'm always looking for ways to improve myself and my lifestyle and I want to make sure I surround myself with people who inspire and uplift me to do so. Unfortunately, there are always going to be people who attempt to fill your mind with negative thoughts or doubt. Or perhaps they pressure you to do things that actually hinder instead of help you. More and more I started seeing that there were a couple people like this is my life that I didn't want to give as much time to anymore. Yikes. Is that harsh? Well... :/ Life is harsh and unfortunately too short so I want to make sure I surround myself with the most positive and beautiful minds I can. Don't ever allow negative thoughts or people to fill your mind. We're all capable of so much more than we realize and I've always thought it's best to be in the company of those who empower me and make me want to be a better person. I don't quite remember where I was going with that...

So I was feeling a bit out of it... and anytime I'm feeling out of it, having a bad day, or just searching for some clarity, working out is always the remedy to make me feel exponentially better both physically and mentally. Being active releases endorphins in your body to give you a natural high so you feel good and do good for your body! I think one reason why I love working out so much is that the body I see is a direct result of how much hard work and dedication I put into it. There are so many things in our daily life that we can't control. External factors (and/or luck) can often play a role in our success but when it comes to living a fit and healthy life, that's something I have complete control over. 

One thing Coach used to always tell us is, "There are two things you can control: your effort and your attitude. Control what you can control."

In the gym, as with most other things in life, you're going to get out of a workout exactly what you put into it. Living a fit and healthy lifestyle and having the body you want is completely within your control. You have to put the work in and stay committed but it is so worth it when you achieve and maintain success. Go into your workouts excited about the positive changes you're making and give it 100% every time. If you can control a positive attitude and all out effort, success in the gym is sure to follow.

Our happiness is never a reflection of external factors but rather how we perceive situations to be from our own internal perspectives. Stay positive, work hard, and do what makes you happy. <3 Much love, y'all. xoxo Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment