Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Quick workout 5.28


Hey guys! I was away on vacation for a week with no gym access but that didn't stand in the way of me working out! I had workout clothes and shoes and that's all I needed! I did a variation of circuit training and running intervals for the most part along with some ab work and light weight training -- again, I was staying somewhere that didn't have any workout equipment. I've posted some examples of circuit training in past posts but some examples of exercises to try are squats, jump squats, lunges, push ups, jumping jacks, high knees, burpees... the list goes on! Just get yourself moving. :)

But in this post, I wanted to share a quick workout that a friend and personal trainer of mine took me through a couple weeks ago. I was DYING! Despite the fact that I workout every day, do cardio, interval training, lifting, etc... this workout still kicked my butt. Haha he's an amazing personal trainer and I expected no less. I tried to make myself feel better by highlighting how hot it was that day and that I hadn't done any outdoor activity in a couple years (since college workouts), but No Excuses!! Truth be told, it was a solid workout that really had me going! Here's what we did:

Warm up/stretch to get the heart pumping and muscles loose

Circuit 1 (quantity) x3:
20 Lunges (10 each leg)
15 Push Ups
15 Knee to Elbow (Start in a high plank position and bring your knee to the same elbow also thrusting your hips forward to really contract your core)
15 Squat Jumps
45 sec rest
*You want to do these quickly and one after another with no rest between exercises, but make sure you're staying true to form*

Circuit 2 (time - 45sec each) x3:
Kettle Bell Swings
TRX Horizontal Pull Ups
TRX Jumps Squats
Push Ups
Sprinting with Resistance Band
*Alternate the time if you need. You can do each exercise for 30 or 60 seconds depending on how bad ass you want to be that day ;)

Circuit 3:
Suicide Jumps (10 -1)
Side to Side Hops (1 +1)
*These will be supersetted with the Suicide Jumps decreasing by 1 rep each time and the Side to Side Hops increasing by 1 rep each time. So you're first set with be 10 Suicide Jumps + 1 Side to Side Hop, then 9 Jumps + 2 Hops..........1 Jump + 10 Hops.

Short and sweet and it really didn't require much equipment at all. This is a great workout you can do at home or in the gym with very little space and in a really short amount of time. You can definitely substitute some exercises for those that require equipment if you don't have any. :) i.e. High Knees instead of Sprinting with the Resistance Band. Remember guys, No Excuses!! You don't get what you wish for, you get what you work for. <3 Go get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment