Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Leg Day 5.14


Today is Leg Day!

I have a major love/hate relationship with Leg Day. Your legs have some of the largest muscles in your body so by working them, you're torching way more calories than you are when focusing on other body parts. I always walk into the gym super amped to have a great workout but I know I'm leaving crawling and crying. Ha! ~Know Pain, Know Gain~ ;) 

Here's my killer workout for the day. I've been doing it for a few weeks (moderating weight and reps here and there) and it seriously leaves me dying (and almost crying) every time. 

Stretch and Warm Up

Bulgarian Split Squats 4x12
Dumbbell Squats (lighter weight) 4x15

Back Squats 2x12 1x10 1x8 (increasing weight with sets)
Deadlift 4x12

Leg Press 3x15

Leg Extension 3x15
Hamstring Curls 3x15

Leg Extension (lighter weight) 3x20

Hip Adductors 3x15
Hip Abductors 3x15

Stretch, Foam Roll, and Cool Down

The exercises that are paired together are supersets meaning you need to alternate between the exercises. Moderate your weight accordingly making sure you never sacrifice form. BOOM! Get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment