Friday, June 21, 2013

Hydration Station


For the last couple days, I've made some really subtle changes to my diet and have actually been seeing some noticeable results. I haven't made any changes to my workout routine at all, which shows how changing diet alone can make a huge difference! My stomach seems flatter and my crazy appetite has been under control. One main thing I've done is started to drink a lot more water! I've been filling a gallon full of water at the start of each day and have been carrying that around with me or transferring some to a smaller bottle (when I'm out and about or at the gym). I absolutely LOVE measuring my H2O consumption this way. It let's me know how much I've drank and how much more I have to go.

Hydration is so important for your health and well-being. There are so many benefits of drinking water and our bodies definitely require more than the commonly believed 8 glass rule. The average adult human body is comprised of about 50-65% water. Water is necessary to keep our bodies running and is also what cleanses our system of undesirable toxins. It aids digestion and circulation, can increase energy, and suppresses hunger. I know I've been less inclined to snack or go for a second round at dinner the last few days!

People can often confuse thirst for hunger and will also fill themselves up on more food when dehydrated. Filling up on water keeps your appetite at bay and is 0 calories! So it's really the healthiest and most guilt-free beverage out there. :) I definitely recommend measuring your water intake this way -- I've been loving it! Drink a glass of water before and with each meal and then throughout the day and you'll be well on your way to hydration station.

No comments:

Post a Comment