Saturday, January 12, 2013

Leg Day #2


I'm not gonna lie, my legs are still a little sore from my leg workout on Tuesday. Clearly I didn't recover as properly as I should have.

I went back to doing some cardio to start my workout and then finished with a number of legs exercises. I like to do cardio before lifting to get it out of the way. Somehow I feel my legs can still push through weights after cardio but I can't get through cardio after weights. I know some people prefer doing their workout in the reverse order. I've looked to see if one is more beneficial than the other and I have yet to find anything conclusive but I'll be sure to post it if I do. :)

Here's everything I did today:

30 min. HIIT on the Spinner
5 min. HIIT on the Stair Master (I felt like hopping on for a bit so I just went with it :P)
(1 min. Plank | 15 Push Ups) x3
Bulgarian Split Squats 3x15 each leg
Lunges with dumbbells 3x15
(Jump Squats with dumbbell | Arnold Press) 3x15
Dead Lifts 3x15
Back Squats 4x12
Leg Extensions 15, 15, 12

To be honest, I don't really have a set leg routine that I do each time. There are sooo many leg exercises that I do, I like to mix it up depending on how I'm feeling that day. Either tomorrow or Sunday, I'll probably do a hamstring and glutes workout. I like to do something leg-related every day just because your leg muscles are your biggest muscles and you burn so much by using them. Resting your muscles at least 48 hours is definitely necessary for recovery but I'll still do some sort of cardio (bike, stairs, or treadmill) to work them -- I count that as a leg workout. :)

I hope everyone had a great week! I know I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Have a great weekend. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment