Monday, May 12, 2014

Perfectly Imperfect

I have flaws. Many that I absolutely hate and would like to rid from my life. But despite all of these flaws, I am perfect. I am perfectly imperfect. I am content with who I am and what I am, everything about me, how I look, how I act... Sure there are ways in which I believe I can improve and better myself as a person, and I continue to strive to be a better person, but this doesn't make me any less perfect.

There are so many things I used to hate about myself. I would scrutinize and brainstorm ways that I could "fix" myself with surgeries and crazy methodology in the future. There were very few parts of myself that I was happy with "as is." As I grew up, I realized that all of these things really do make me uniquely myself and "give me character". I used to think that was just a euphemism for things that were "strange" about me but now I know they really do contribute to making me who I am. As I've gotten older, I've also come to realize just how critical we all are of ourselves. This really isn't healthy or necessary and most of the things we notice about ourselves, other people probably don't even! I admit I still criticize parts of myself but I'm making a conscious effort to do so less often and am continuing to teach myself to embrace everything that makes me me. My mature love and understanding of myself can wash away the insecurities of my youth. ;)

So here we have it, some examples of my perfect imperfections that I'm okay sharing!:
1) My top teeth aren't aligned and I'm insecure about it every time I smile
2) I have a birthmark on my chest that I used to want surgically removed
3) I'll have love handles no matter how much I workout
4) I grew up in a somewhat (read: absolutely) dysfunctional home
5) Sans makeup, I have visible acne scars on my cheeks and forehead
6) I wear my emotions on my sleeve, too much for my own good
7) I don't have an eating disorder, but sometimes I think I have disordered eating
8) I have a resting bitch face (yes, this is a real issue)
9) It's extremely easy for me to fall down the unhealthy eating and exercise-less slope
10) I have a mental battle with myself before 90% of workouts


Embrace everything about yourself, ladies! Seriously, you're absolutely beautiful. Things in their most natural and authentic state are the truest and most beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment